Heyl Patterson Rotary Rotary Calciners process hundreds of materials that are fine and dusty, sensitive to oxidation, combustible, explosive, potentially contaminating or thermally sensitive. Guaranteeing complete segregation of the heat source and the product through indirect heating, the Heyl Patterson Rotary Calciner is ideal for processing catalysts, chemicals, hydrocarbons, activated carbon, yellowcake and PET flakes, as well as for biomass torrefaction or carbonization. Built to your unique specifications, or designed by our engineers to exceed your specific application requirements, each Heyl Patterson Rotary Calciner can be rigorously tested at our Pilot Plant Testing Facility before final design is implemented.
We also offer Fluid Bed Calciners for our customer’s other specifications.
Specifications for a Rotary Calciner can be customized to a customer's particular application, including:
- Sizes up to 9 feet in diameter, and in excess of 75 feet in length
- Shell operating temperatures up to 2200 degrees F (1200 degrees C)
- Specific process atmospheres — inert, oxidizing, reducing, dehumidified
- Co-current and counter-current material/gas flow designs
- Multiple heating zone configurations
- Special materials of construction for high temperature and/or corrosive service