Heyl Patterson Thermal Processing manufactures some of the largest and most efficient Fluid Bed Dryers in the world for free-flowing materials such as minerals, chemical, plastics, hemp & wood products, grains and waste. Materials are suspended in a rising flow of air or gas using an energy efficient fluidizing method that causes the material to act like a fluid which provides a high rate of heat transfer while gently handling the solids. It also provides lower capital equipment and operating costs as a result of its efficiencies. Offered in three types, Trough-Type Fluid Bed, Circular Type Fluid Bed, and Vibrating, each unit can incorporate a standalone or integral cooler to reduce the material temperature after drying.
We also offer Rotary Dryers & Coolers and Flash Dryers & Coolers for our customer’s other specifications.
Specifications for a Fluid Bed Dryer can be customized to a customer’s particular application, including:
- Cylindrical design for back-mix flow, or rectangular design for plug flow
- Fluidized-media design for sticky, lumpy or otherwise hard-to-handle materials
- Sizes up to 18 feet in diameter, or equivalent rectangular configuration
- Inlet gas temperatures up to 2200 degrees F (1200 degrees C)
- Stainless steel or high-temperature alloy bedplate, or refractory brick dome design
- Variety of control systems available, from burner management only to complete PLC-based process control
Fluid Bed Dryers are the perfect equipment for processing:
- Dried Distillers Grains (DDG)
- Metallurgical Ores
- Hemp & Biomass