Heyl Patterson Thermal Processing Rotary Dryers and Coolers are some of the most versatile rotary dryers and coolers available, and are considered the workhorses of the powder and bulk solids processing industry. Able to effectively handle a broad range of material, including powder and bulk solids and liquid sludges, the Rotary Dryer can be specified according to starting and final moisture content, product temperature, drying air temperature, air velocity and retention time of the material – in order to meet and exceed your specific application requirements. Based upon your needs, several different cooling design options are also available, including counter-current air swept, internal and external water-cooled or a combination of air and water-cooled.
We also offer Fluid Bed Dryers & Coolers and Flash Dryers & Coolers for our customer’s other specifications.
Specifications for a Rotary Dryer can be customized to a customer’s particular application, including:
- Sizes up to 16 feet in diameter, and in excess of 100 feet in length
- Inlet gas temperatures up to 2200 degrees F (1200 degrees C)
- Co-current and counter-current material/gas flow designs
- Induced-draft, forced-draft and combination air flow systems
- Variety of control systems available, from burner management only to complete PLC-based process control
- Lifting flight design based on material testing for most efficient material movement and drying retention time
Rotary Dryers are the perfect equipment for processing:
- Hemp & Biomass
- Carbon Fiber
- Industrial Minerals
- Inorganic Chemicals
- Paper Pulp